What is Confirmation? –
Confirming Our Faith
Why do we have confirmation on a website now?
We do this as a web driven program because we have found that children need the support of their parents when they go through the confirmation studies.
We are offering this as a resource for parental support for a two year program to explore the main aspects of our Christian Faith. This resource is designed to be used in the home with your children as a discussion starter. We have based our YouTube ‘click&play’ resource on the FaithInk journals for confirmation. At Living Word we are inviting students around year 5 & 6 to take up this opportunity.
The topics covered are linked with Luther’s Small Catechism to discuss questions ranging from Jesus’ own ministry and teachings, questions about our personal relationship with God through prayer (the Lord’s Prayer), and even exploring some history surrounding Luther who championed our focus back on faith and grace, centred on God’s Word for our daily life. In the second year we will address questions connected to the Ten Commandments and the Apostles Creed (with a retreat camp towards the end of this course to write up our own faith statements that will become part of our public confirmation celebration). We will offer a follow up third year program based on the Christian life through Church worship, ministry, service, and mission, as well as ‘Hot Topics’ which explores the tough questions of today’s generation.
All this was done via YouTube ‘click&play’, easy access for your home discussions on your computer, iPad, tablet or laptop. This enables parents and children to sit around the kitchen table and talk about faith.
So the answer to why we are doing this online is to save you time.
You do not have to go out to a weekly class with the Pastor.
- You can help your children grow their Faith @ Home and you can be an active part in their growth.
- You can feel equipped to do this because you have the resources that will help you help them.
- You have a community online even if you have no Pastor at your local Lutheran Church.
- You have someone to contact via email or telephone if you have any questions that relate to the Confirmation program.
- You have a growing E-ministry under your fingertips and can join into the other Sermon Series and the weekly podcasts to help you grow at the same time.
- You can join in on the facebook page and be part of our community there as well.
- No more driving needed and for less than the price of a cup of coffee per lesson.
We have received some amazingly positive feedback from this online approach, by Parents and students alike. The new approach to equip parents and resource students to explore the Christian faith at home through self-directed learning ( available to fit into their busy life style ) has revitalised the meaning of personal faith for all the family.
Now click on the Subscribe button below to get started.